Re: Tape looping/sequencing

there was a pretty good overview of razor editing in an issue of tape op a
while back, maybe it was early this year or late 99... that'd be as good a
place to start as any. but fasten yr seatbelt when you go shopping for a
block, my 1/2 inch editall ran me about $90. and it might not be too easy
to get yr hands on splicing tape & leader either, depending on where you
live...

if you don't already have a full compass catalog, that's a good source for
analog accessories that might or might not be hard to find nearer by where
you are.

also - bear in mind that if you're getting into looping tape it's not
necessarily what the manufacturer of your tape deck planned on in its
design stage, and running long loops (like out to a mic stand or some
other "external hub") can be somewhat detrimental to motors, capstan,
etc. if you have but one open-reel machine that you rely on for everything
it might be a good thing to check the flea markets, yard sales, pawn
shops, etc for a secondary looping deck in order to spare yr primary the
wear n tear.

getting off the soapbox now,

a:c