Re: Re: improv + looping in Jungian analysis

> As EE and looper I tend to believe that there is no oszilation
> without feedback.
> I dont know how the tiny parts guys think about it.
> What is it really that keeps everithing vibrating? :-)

prime mover?
big bang?

quantum mechanics says: heat and chance.

i am only vaguely familiar with string theory,
but these guys think all matter is energy oscilating in
tiny loops. i agree that fundamentally there must
be a feedback occurring down there.

> >Hey speaking
> >of which isn't sound-art one of the only four-dimensional art forms
>since
> >the waveforms can be three-dimensional and change through time...
>
> Well, in the usual graphic, the axis of the spiral would be time, and
> we assume that the oscilation of the other two axis moves "upwards"
> or foreward in evolution. This is just a model or symbol.
> If you animate the graphic, you win a dimension, but it changes its
> look, since you watch time as time and the third dimension is a
> further oscilation. Can you creat this illusion on a 2d screen? It
> might turn into a growing ball.

wouldn't this just look like a waveform display?
if the object were a regular spiral it would be a sin wave...

> Not at all, this list was never meant as a gear list!
> Discussion of functions and necessary equipment is a result of a
> desire and fascination we have for the non material side of
> repetition, no?
> As you just proved, the hardware is not necessary to get involved.

are you guys SURE you don't want to talk about gear?