Re: Cracks in EDP

Yes,
They're worth it.
You won't believe how cool this chip runs.  One of the new regulators
replaces the 2 older ones.  The new regulator does not have to be
attached to a heatsink at all.  I had a couple of early edps then
bought one edp with the new regulator.  I replaced the old regulators,
and what was very hot, now does not even feel warm to the touch.
The replacement regulator must be much more efficient than the old
style.
Thermal cycles (heating/cooling) lead to death in solid state
electronics.  It's good to stay cool.
bret