Re: OT: SoCal Steinberger repair

I have no idea of his Steiny experience, but Doc Pitillo in Fountain
Valley has a great reputation for guitar repair.  He's a custom
builder as well, and his Gypsy and Recording King guitars are so
beautiful you have to be careful not to drool on them.  I've had all
my guitars and bass worked on and set up at Doc's shop in the last 5
years.

He's a purist at heart, preferring to do work on classic instruments
and not too keen on mods, and he will bend your ear off with mind
numbing details if you let him.  Futhermore, you will need to hound
him to get your axe back in a reasonable time...Want it in two
weeks?...Tell Doc you have a gig the coming weekend and you must have
your guitar.  The work is all top-notch though, and Doc will be
honest with you about working on the Trans-trem, whether he can do it
or not.

call information for Fountain Valley and ask for "The Guitar Doctor"
He's on Euclid Avenue.

rich

side note to the above mention of 'mods'.  Doc does do an extremely
nice wiring mod for Les Pauls, making it have a single volume
control, master tone, and two individual pickup volume controls.
Nice way to get that pickup blend you like, then just have ONE
control for the volume.  ever try to do a smooth volume swell into
your loop (on topic, yeah!!) with those two fricking volume pots on a
Paul?  argghhhh...where's my volume pedal, dammit?