Re: looping tips and tricks 2001

Another suggestion.
The way I work is I 'trap' a sound for as long as I want it to run by
having
the feedback path set at unity. This is under the control of a footpedal.
When I want to let the loop die away I ease back on the pedal according to
how slowly I want the loop to die away, (I use this method to quieten the
loop if necessary too). What I've found is that introducing a gentle low
pass filter into this loop makes the dying loop sound more natural and
de-focusses it in terms of the listener's attention. An interesting effect
is to place a high pass filter in the feedback path so the sound kind of
fizzles out - good for spacey stuff : )

Gareth