RE: Responding to "gig spam"

> "In other words, the artist's musical objectives don't enter into my
> opinion as to whether or not the CD is a good listen."

wow, thats a great quote, and i certainly agree. i don't need to know the
history or intentions of an artist to know if i like what i hear. musical
intentions are clearly displayed in a magical CD/performance. on the other
hand, if the intentions don't come through in the music alone, people can
sense that too. i don't think music can only be good in a certain context-
to me, it is good or it isn't, no matter what context it is in.

Dave Eichenberger- guitars.loops.devices
http://www.hazardfactor.com