Re: Headrush vs. DL4

I am actually beginning to miss my Headrush.  I pretty much only use the
DL4
for loops; what I want is an old-style tapeloop and I would like to
determine the feedback level with a knob, which the DL4 totally ignores in
loop mode.  The Headrush is better for this, though halfspeed and reverse
on
the DL4 give it the edge for me (woops, did I say "old-style tapeloop"?).
As far as sound quality, my Headrush was easily as good as the DL4 (no hiss
that others have complained of), and I had hoped that the promise of "true
stereo" would hold for the DL4 loops as well as the modelled "oldies", but
was disappointed there also.  So put me down as a sorry ex-Headrusher.  If
Akai (inevitably) drops the unit, I'll be very happy to pick up a new one
for $89.  Somebody let me know when it happens, please!

David Lee Myers
pulsewidth.com