Loop Hardware/Software explosion

Hey,

Is it me, or is there currently an explosion in hardware and software
that is dedicated to making music using audio and midi loops?

We sure do live in swell times.  I can't wait to tell my grandkids
(although I don't even have my own kids yet) "I was one of the first
people on Looper's Delight back before the turn of the century."

"Yeah right grampy"

For me it all started with an analog Ibanez delay pedal duct taped to a
Rickenbacher 320.  Ah those were hard times.

Grandpa Mark