Re: Akai E1 Headrush

<< I've been studying the Headrush and I'm unclearly on some details.  I
don't
have one to try, I'm just reading about it  And I'm interested only in the
looping mode of operation.   I've looked at the archives and at the meager
information at the Akai site (What?  No manual?).  Any Headrush heads what
to help me?

1) From Alan Imberg's description: "If you want to overdub a loop, click
the
LEFT switch to activate the looping function and start playing."

What does "active the looping function" mean?  Isn't there a little three
position slide switch that selects "Looping Rec" mode?  Why do you have to
press the LEFT button to activate the looping function?  What happens if
you
don't and you go ahead and try to loop? >>

I believe it's more like "turn the beast on".  It's hibernating until you
hit the left switch, the first time.

<< 2) After "activating the looping function" by pressing the LEFT button,
understand that to make the first loop, you press the RIGHT button, play,
then press the LEFT button to close the loop and initiate continously
looping playback.  There seems some confusion or misinformation regarding
closing the loop with the LEFT or RIGHT button but Chris Chovit's message
on
Nov 6, 1999 states that it's the LEFT button that does the magic.  Does
anything happen if you press the RIGHT button to close the loop?  Like does
this close the loop and put you into overdub mode? >>

That is EXACTLY what happens when you click LEFT-RIGHT<play>RIGHT

<< 3) Ok, say that you close the loop by pressing the LEFT button and you
made
a loop less than 11.9 seconds in length.  Now you're going to make an
overdub.  You press the RIGHT button, play some stuff, and press the LEFT
button to end the overdub, correct?  And you can repeat the process to
overdub some more, correct again? >>

Yes and Yes.

<< 4) Say that you've made several overdubs and ended each by pressing the
LEFT
button.  Now to erase all the overdubs, you press the RIGHT button (as if
you were starting a new overdub), and then press the RIGHT button again.
Correct? >>

Yep.

<< 5) Do the LEDs indicate "overdubable" status in any way (i.e., that your
loop is less than 11.9 seconds)?  Or whether you're in overdub mode or not?
Does any LED wink at you at the loop end (or beginning)? >>

To be honest, I haven't noticed...

<< 6) How do you erase the "base" loop (the first one you made)?  Can you
erase
it without starting a new loop?  Can you tell the Headrush to stop at the
loop end instead of immediately? >>

I don't know the answers to any of these, but I wish I did (I don't have my
manual either)

<< 7) There no "loop once" or "stutter restart" function? >>

I don't think there are.

<< 8) Any Hearush owners websites? >>

I didn't find any when I searched.

<< Lot's o' questions!!!!  Any help is much appreciated!

Dennis Leas >>

HTH,
phalen