Re: Line 6 DL4

the DL4 is really simple to use....and even with its limitations very
flexible in a live looping situation (as evidenced by the numbers showing
up
in pedalboards). As everyone has pointed out, you can get out of loop mode
w/o going to overdub by just pressing the PLAY button...simple.  The one
shot playback offers a lot of fun options too. as does the double time and
reverse buttons (way fun!) Even tho there is no midi sync....it is very
versatile, with sound quality far superior to JamMan. For complex looping
phrases I often record a DL4 loop into my JamMan and then switch off The
Dl4
and start over...then re-dump into JamBoy. If you are careful about timing
and loop lengths, the errant sync problem does not rear its ugly head.
The DL4 is very affordable, easy to use and sounds great.  I highly
recommend it to anyone into exploring looping possiblities.  But I also
recommend getting the optional expression pedal....try using it to control
not only pre-delay in loops, but the loop volume for dynamic loop control!
And the other classic delay models are great!
Loop On....Max Valentino