Re: 'Plex for sale

>  Just paying that much for the Jamman is not right.

agreed, but alot of gear has been deemed 'collectible' at one time or
another and the price has gone up...but how does that impact the
effectiveness of the unit?  i'll guarantee you that jamman's would
not be selling if they were crappy.

my mind wanders to 808's, 909's and 303's sitting in a pawn shop for
dirt cheap...before the hip hop guys got ahold of them...now they're
'hot'.

>  Besides that the EDP is a vastly superior beast. I think everybody
>on the list will tell you that.

yes, and others will tell you to stay with the straight ahead,
dependable jamman vs. an unpredictable, buggy EDP.  i'm not
advocating this, but it has been brought up...many times.

>  I'm not sure if the Jamman even has MIDI.

wrong.

>You will thank me for getting rid of the Jamman.

why exactly?  it's still a damn good machine.  hell, with that line
of thinking why not wait for a Repeater?  cuz we all know that it the
BEST machine anyway, right?  I think everybody on the list will tell
you that.

BULL...we've all got our tools, and i think we have to fall in love
with 'em to put the time into them to make them do the dances we ask
them to do.  why put one down as somehow obviously inferior?  if i'm
reading Allessandro's post correctly, the jamman may do what he's
looking for...

rich