Re: good intentions

At this point I can't help but to believe that this thread is looking more
and more like a justification for random noise. To use a quote made in
regards to another subject (in this case I'll apply it to music), "I don't
know what it is. But I know it when I see (hear) it". Just because
something
may or may not be commercially successful does not validate it. As a
guitarist I was mortified when Kurt Cobane (after killing himself) was
compared to Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix was a genius. Kurt Cobane was anything
but. As Wynton Marsallis once said, "Some of the music out there now is
like
The Emperor's New Clothes. Just because we see flashy images, or we need
be convinced its real music doesn't justify it. Sometimes bad music is
just
that. Bad music. And often very few people are willing to go against the
popular media and say just that. This music is awful." If one feels the
need
to validate what they're doing it seems to me to be a level of insecurity.
If one is comfortable with they're own talent, and
effort, than they're is no one that needs convincing. Unless of course the
very argument they make is being made just to convince themselves.