Re: Abstract Acapella Looping/Electronic Festival in the planning stages for early spring

"Rick Walker (Loop.pooL)" wrote:

> Jimmy George wrote:
> hello shara. i have used the boomerang for looping vocals for 6 years
> now.
>
> Very interesting the synchronicity of this thread.
> Just yesterday, I put into motion the first actions to try and create and
> Abstract Acapella Looping/Electronic Processing (no 'song's or typical
>pop
> forms of music, i.e., jazz, rock, r&B, soul, hip hop, rap, country or
> Scottish Hagis songs---the festival will follow some time in the distant
> future)show as a follow up to our successful
> Solo Bass Looping Festival.    I'd love to hear yours and anyone else's
>work
> for potential inclusion in this show.
>
>     As always, the monetary disclaimer has to proceed first:   All
>artists
> donate their performances,
> I get rich off of the soundtrack recording (absolutely just kidding!!!),
>the
> Rio Theatre is donated, the Sound and Lights are donated and the show is
> free to the public.   I recieved a $5 donation from one person and sold
>two
> CDs at $20 and still lost $10 or so on the postering ;-) and put about
> twenty hours worth of unpaid work into the Bass Solo show just to rest
> everybody's minds about those kinds of considerations.
>
> If, however it is not feasible to come to Santa Cruz, I would love to
>play
> an individual Acapella cut of yours during the setup transitions and
> introduce you, formally to the audience.  Send me a short bio and photo
>if
> you have them.  If you want to send me a couple of CDs, I'd be happy to
>sell
> them for $5, $10,$15 or $20 dollar increments.  Go higher in price if you
> are sending in from out of the United States so that we can cover our
> mailing costs.  I always seem to talk the local D.J.s into interviewing
>me
> for these shows so I would love to
> play the best cuts on air.
>
> Yours,   Rick Walker (loop.pool)

Rick,
I am jazzed about your festival. I grew up in Santa Cruz, and when you
mentioned the Rio theatre in an early paragraph I could feel my pulse
quicken.
Of course I would travel there!

I sing improvisational sounds that are way abstract and  weave then into
it my
own form of "blues" Bhajans, devotional chant, or gospel  R&B,  jazz and
celtic
stuff.  Mostly all is experimental and "out there", but it is perfect in
Ashland, OR, the most "out there" community I know of, next to Santa Cruz.
will be glad to send the bio, photo, etc. I don't have any CDs -- just a
newbie. I am real excited about looping because it completely allows all
the
layers I enjoy building into a piece.  Keep me in mind for your show. I'll
get
something recorded and send it your way. Send me an address.

Shara