New here...

Hi!
Just wanted to introduce myself to the mailing list... I'm the director of
new media company here in Michigan and pretty new to the looping world..
although I've made several songs using audio programs such as Fruity Loops,
Sound Forge/Vegas/Cool edit Pro. I'm just now getting into MIDI equipment
(mostly because until recently it has been cost prohibitive :)... I was
wondering if any of you had any ideas/suggestions on where a neophyte like
myself could start(Hopefully this list is one of them).

My music style/tastes are hip hop/techno/house, anything with loop based
rhythm and drums... I also consider jazz/blues musicians to be the gods of
the music industry... and great for sampling :) So please send along your
ideas!

-pb