Re: SHOPPING IN NEW YORK CITY

"Emile Tobenfeld (a.k.a Dr. T)" wrote:

> At 2:27 PM -0500 3/12/01, David Beardsley wrote:
> >Emile Tobenfeld (a.k.a Dr. T) wrote:
> >
> >>  Manny's is good, but then I know the owners from my Dr. T's days.
> >
> >They sold out to Sam Ash a few years ago.
> >

> Didn't know that, the same family is running the place.

They still work there. but don't own the place anymore.
Sam Ash bought them out in the Spring/Summer of '99.
It was reported in the New York Times.

> They always
> give me good deals, which is, of course, no reason for you to shop
> there.

I bought my last synth (Korg ms200r) from Sam Ash
in NJ. I get all my guitar work done at 30th Street
Guitars by Matt. When Manny's was privately owned
I bought two guitars there.

--
* D a v i d         B e a r d s l e y
* 49/32  R a d i o "all microtonal, all the time"