Re: tricking sound editors and other forced randomizations

Hi there - I've been doing this on and off for a couple of years now, with
a few interesting results, but no final compostitions yet. I use CoolEdit
Pro for this, and it works great. Here's a couple of tricks I use too:
 - Use Spectral View to spot where useful information is. Most of an EXE
file might be noise, and you don't want to listen to that for too long..!
 - avoid temporary or page files, since these sometimes contain real audio
data, which is a bit pointless, really.
 - you can control the sample rate at which you load the file, so the same
file may give better results at a lower or higher speed...

Cheers,
Brian Thomson, Dublin IE
bnt@email.com

(ceci n'est pas un .sig)