Re: wall wart grief

    Just a note that several guitar-oriented manufacturers make power
boxes that can replace 9v wall-warts. I got one used on eBay for like
$20. Grounding issues, though - all the jacks are just connected in
parallel. A beefier box that has transformer secondary isolated
outputs can be had from Voodoo, I think, but for more like $200. I
seem to recall there's a pretty cheap DIY 9v project with isolation
on a guitar effects website somewhere. Okay, fine, I found it:

       http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Spyder/spyder.htm

    Note that of course this will supply only 9v DC, but it might be a
good starting point for a custom box. And if you don't go with
isolated outputs, you should try to deal with the grounding - even if
you just then wire up your effects with cables with floating shields
on one end. Avoid ground loops! :)

                                                    - Mike