Re: Expression pedal with PMC10

> Last night I adapted a Kawai expression pedal to
> work with my DL-4.  The Line 6 pedals want a mono
> plug hooked up to a 10K pot.  The Kawai (and some
> other expression pedals) use a stereo plug and wire
> the plug up so that the usual variable resistance
> from the pot goes across the sleeve and ring of
> the plug (the Line 6 needs it on the sleeve and
> tip).  I wired in a little switch to go from
> the normal wiring, to one that is compatible with
> the Line 6.  Seems to me that a technically inclined
> person could "repurpose" a Crybaby for use as an
> expression pedal, assuming you can find a 10K wah pot....

OK, so will this work with any stereo expression pedal? What would happen
if the impedance was wrong? If I buy a Roland or
Technics stereo pedal, chop off the stereo plug and attach a mono one in
the way described above, with that work? I'm not
massively into the idea of spending $$ on a Line 6 pedal, and the Boss EV
thingie is even more!

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk
e-mail - steve@steve-lawson.co.uk