Undo function on EDP

Title: Undo function on EDP
I got an EDP a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying getting into it --
But the undo function seems inconsistent -- sometimes it seems like I have to press it a few times for it to do anything (yes, I know I have to give a long press for it to erase the last pass).
Also, I the manual says I should be able to end overdub mode with undo -- but my unit won't do that.  When I'm in overdub, the undo light doesn't even go on.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks.