MPX-R1 question

Does anyone have any cool ideas for making the R1 foot controller
quieter???
I really like the interface (though I do wish that it was a couple of
inches
shorter so that it would fit in the back of my rack!) but the really loud
clicking sounds that happen whenever i press a pedal is really annoying,
especially as I play in really quiet settings in studios, and don't want to
have to mic my cab in the next room. any ideas of modifying it internally
make it a little quieter?

conversely, can anyone suggest another foot controller that will have the
same functions that is a) a little bit smaller and b) less noisy!

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk