RE: a hot street recorder

Matthias,
This really is as good as it looks; I've tried one in a local store and
they're great, (and they support MAC OS). All the reviews are giving it 85%
+. The UK price is £339 inc tax if you are interested but they would
probably be cheaper in the US. In the US they are called 'NOMAD' but in
Europe 'DAP' as a French company already had the name.
However, there are more of this type of device coming out all the time. I
saw a portable unit with a 60GB hard drive last month; It has a docking
station system so you can plug it in to your car, your HI-FI or
on-stage................neat!