Re: the new iBook...

yeah, you can do this with the current powerbooks, too.

unfortunately, it just mirrors what's on the book display, from what
i understand...which is a dissapointment.

with the desktop models, i've been running two monitors in my
production department for years.  before apple took the video off the
main board, we would just add a video card.  now, we put in a cheap
video card in addition to the main one.  add in a cheap 15" monitor
and your set.  put all of your toolbox pallettes on the small screen
and all of your main viewing stuff on the big one, and you can adjust
the viewing via monitors control panel.  works awesome for graphics
apps.  haven't tried it on any sound apps, though.  i think it would
be great if the powerbooks and ibooks allowed you to use the book
screen as your toolbox and a large vga screen as the main view.