Re: playing w/ dj's

Nope, a turntable isn't a musical instrument no matter how great it sounds.
It might be supremely innovative and sometimes original how some folks
utilize such an electronic device or sampling unit for that matter to
create
(or more accurately, composite) music, but at the most a turntable can only
be used AS a musical instrument.  In case anyone's wondering my comment
wasn't a put-down of turntablists.  I was saying that the collaborative
dynamic is very, very different.  When was the last time more than two DJs
got together in the same room to "play" together, anyway?

Sometimes I think you wait for my comments specifically, DT. [cartoonistic
pout] ;]

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Gallery_Front.html - Cartoons & Illustrations
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!