Re: playing w/ dj's

Another experience that altered what I thought about music making was
watching a 5 person do-wop vocal group, must've been in 86 or 87, being
accompanied by a guy with a Roland TR707 drum machine.   But the "drummer"
wasn't using the sequencer.   He had it cradled in the crook of his left
arm
and was playing the buttons live with his right hand.   And he was hot. He
was in a world of his own making and just rocking with that thing.  I
wasn't
about to tellhim he was doing it wrong.