Re: Fractal looping

 A pity late to mention surround as the alternative to the MONO shift salad
of Phil Spector.
Room sound is not a new thing.At least an old thing.

After establishing Stereo Sound,the engineers were busy to make a
quadrophonic sound in the early
seventies.
Traced from this,todays surround sound is old dutch cheese.

Tjhe problem of todays surround is the compression.For movie it is OK.For
Audio a worse situation.
A Stereo signal gets splitted up in pseudo surround
action.FARRRRRRRRRT.......

Does someone remeber the World Exhibitiomn in Osaka 1970 ? Stockhausen had
Pavillion for
surrounding sound on this fair.Does someone remember ?
Well,the sound of this construction was much better as what we call today
"SURROUND".

It needed a flexible kind of live electronic musican,today we would call it
DJ,to bring this
sounds to the folks.
30 years later we still grabble in a sound,wich could be expanded more.

I stil have not heard a DVD wich shows another direction.DVD can,but it
depends on the artist.
So todays   surround is only a shadow of that,what could be really possible
!

Martin