asheville loopers

hey everyone-

well, im back from my yearlong sojourn through eastern europe and asia.
last year around this time, i was developing a MaxMSP multichannel looper
for polyrhythmic bliss-- which i called fripp~ . does anyone remember that?

well, the situation is this; staying in step with the biorhythms puts me
in a lowtech position. actually im starting a smoothie cart selling
freshsqueeze in downtown asheville, and making a lot of animal noises and
dancing like a drunken shaman. the scoliosis is evermending, the spine and
ribcage are reshaping themselves magically, totally against all
predictability by western medicine.

but im interested in connecting with fellow loopers in asheville:
spontaneous trance through meditative repetition. playing around with
process. how do we hold the space for music to come through? if someone
had a mac i could tweak around on, id probably want to continue working on
new looping tools...

see, i think of a west african drumming circle, and i think of the
organizational metaphors;; ok, you play this, you play that. or a jazz
band, where the song is the unit of loose organization around which the
melodies rise. or sitting meditation, where the breath is often the anchor
around which the journey focalizes. but of course these are just the tip
of a vast matrix of dream incubators, of ways to coax the little devils
out of their musical closets...

so if you're into looping together, lets jiggit.

love
jan

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!