Re: Alesis AirFX (what's it do?)

In a message dated 6/8/01 4:47:42 PM, mattdavignon@hotmail.com writes:

>Does anybody have any experience with this unit?

A little. I played with it at MF when the prototype came in. It's not as
expressive as a theramin but it does have some interesting sounds (a la
some
of the weirder FX in Radiohead's "Kid A" etc). The musician's friend
website
has some sound samples up that don't quite do it justice. I think it'd be
pretty fun for the occassional dash of sonic mayhem but it's a little
harder
to control than one might expect (IMOHO). With the Chapter 11 situation at
Alesis one wonders if any more of them will ever see the light of day.

TK