Re: What the heck is Behringer doing?

well, their official answer is "you make it possible. Large numbers of
satisfied customers lead to large production quantities. Large production
quantities lead to favorable purchasing conditions for components. And it's
only fair that we pass these savings on to you. After all, we know that
your
success is our success."

my understanding is that it's some kind of distribution issue, but i can't
remember anything else about it. i know a few quite satisfied owners of
Behringer equipment though, and sometimes wish i'd known about the prices
on
their 20 channel mixers before i plunked down the cash for my mackie 12/16
channel. the more i research the differences the less progress i make. just
ask around as many lists as you can, i guess. the pricing could be
temporary
though, so if you can, take advantage. their glitch is your gain.

Jon

> Hey, lads:
>
> I've been seeing more and more Behringer equipment available. Kee-rist!
> Microphones, numerous effects/other boxes, amplifiers, mixers, speakers,
> compressors, etc., etc. What's the story with this company? A lot of
>their
> gear is priced really cheap (e.g. effects units). Is their stuff solid?
>
> I like what I've seen of their mixers. I like their smaller mixers for
>use
as