Electrix questions

Just got my FilterFactory yesterday to go along with the Mo-Fx unit I got
from Alto music a couple weeks ago.  I've got both units working nicely
with
both CD's and LP's as input, but i'm having problems setting them up with
my
keyboards and my computer.

With the keyboards, I was running the output from a Roland U-20 controller
(tried both mix out and direct out) into the FF unit, then into the 1/4"
inputs on a Roland U-70 (which has onboard speakers).  The volume level
seemed to be WAY too loud, and it sounded like the FF was mostly
self-oscilating, and I wasn't getting the U-20 coming through much at all.
Do I need a mixer to set the levels correctly, or is there anything else I
need to do to get the FF filtering my U-20 correctly?

Secondly, I set up the FF at my computer with a mini-to-RCA converter.
Line
out from sound card went directly to the FF, then RCA-to-mini back to line
in on the sound card (SBLive).  Anyways, this approach seemed to work as
far
as processing the sound goes, but my problem was that I was hearing both
the
original sound (from the computer) AND the FF line in.  If I set to record
the line in, I get just the FF signal recorded (which is what I want).  Any
way to kill the original sound, and hear ONLY the line in?

Lastly (I swear), when I hooked up the FF and Mo-Fx to work together, I
noticed that the signal levels in the second unit were always much lower
(using CD as source).  I don't have a mixer yet, do I need one to keep the
levels up when I've got these effects chained (wouldn't think so)?

I tried logging into the newly set up Delphi Electrix group, but the
registration seems to be messing up on me.  Anyways, thanks for ANY advice
or help for this Electrix novice...

Matt