R: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #389

I was talking 'bout the series before the end of the controversy between
the
two, but (as far as I noticed by opening my old series mx2004a and a new
one, just to polish some contacts) the only thing that the mackie succeeded
to do was to make behringer change the color of the mixers. As far as it
goes, the mic preamps are the same of the first vlz mackie bunch. And,
using
my computer spectrum analizer and my akg mic , and recording the mixer
output directly to my lexicon core2 the result was exactly the same. And
remember that in Italy, where I live, the mackie cost 4 to 5 times the
behringer. With the list price of the 1604 here you'll buy the 3242 (32
channels, with a 24 bit multifx processor) or the 3208 (32 channels on 8
subgroups, a very close copy of the mackie 3208). And, namely, the mackie
and behringer are economic quality mixers (at least the analog mackies),
and
really you get what you pay for, which is 90 % the same result form the two
machines, sonically speaking. And if I have to buy cheap chinese or
japanese
components, I don't really care that much if they are assembled and boxed
in
USA or in Germany, as far as the result is very similar.

Peace
Luigi