Re: the electrix repeater

Mark "What did they know and when did they know it?" Sottilaro
<sine@zerocrossing.net> wrote:

>My guess is that they have not been honest from the start.  I saw what
>seemed
>to me to be a fully functional unit at Bananna's At Large in San
>Rafael, CA.  I
>was there for a very long time and the unit did not crash or malfunction
>once.
>Does perfection exist?  No.  So what's the real story?  Who knows,
>but Electrix
>isn't saying.  Maybe they're still trying to get that power supply right.
>think it's funny that they used to post to the list almost every day, and
>now
>they are amazingly quiet.

Why is "the software doesn't work right" implausible?  We all know
that software is a very unpredictable enterprise!

So they were able to show a demo with a specific unit where they
showed specific functions that they knew weren't going to crash.

That doesn't mean that there aren't specific, reasonable things
that you could do that would cause nasty crashes and lock-ups...
or card memory corruption!!

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://FortNY.com>..................Forteans of New York.