RE: Repeater - First Impressions

At 10:49 AM 8/28/2001, Matthew McCabe wrote:
>Any impressions on the usability of the pitch and
>time-stretch features?  I am particularly interested
>if it is possible to change the tempo of a loop and
>have the pitch change correspondingly (like the EH 16
>sec delay, PCM-42, old Digitech stuff, etc.)  Thanks.

I asked them that question at NAMM, and the answer was no then. The
time-stretch and pitch shift are independent. I assume that is still the
case. For remixing different samples from other sources, you would want it
independent. I assume that's the use they were targeting with these
functions.

But loopers have always loved that speed up and slow down effect that you
could get from changing tape speed on a tape loop, or changing the delay
time on older delays. And then mixing overdubs in at different speeds. So
far as I know Repeater doesn't do that.

(If I could get a nickel for every time somebody has asked for that
feature
on the EDP, I would be writing this from my own island.)

kim