Re: Feature Comparison (Repeater & EDP)

> EDP: Dumping loop digitally to external device only available through
>MIDI
>  (I think)
That's right, it's slow though.

The EDP allows you to change your loop length at any time you want, to any
length you want, and still keep the loop running. It does this without
producing glitches in the audio.
It allows you to pick out a small section of of a larger loop, loop it, do
anything you want with it, then if you like you can go back to the
original
loop.

Having a dedicated footpedal is better for time sensitive operations, like
tapping in a loop. My experience of MIDI controllers (Yamaha MFC-10) is
that
they can produce a big delay, in a situation where you want the smallest
delay possible. I know other MIDI controllers have got to be better than
the
Yamaha, but surely they can never be as fast as a dedicated pedal.

How quickly does the Repeater repond to MIDI?

The original poster also asked about the JamMan, and indeed this does have
few features compared to the EDP. Its not easier to use though, as the
basic
functions on the EDP are so simple.
(the JamMan is notably slow in its MIDI response)

Having both EDP & JamMan I've been able to make direct comparisons of the
sound quality. The EDP is best for top end (higher sampling rate) but I
found
that a deep bass guitar line had more solidity on the JamMan.
Well, wonder how the repeater fares in this respect,  and with the
repeater
it's more significant what the Dry signal sounds like having passed
through
it.

andy butler