Re: Repeater: MIDI (was record CFC)

The illustrious Richard Zvonar wrote:

>At 10:30 AM -0700 9/3/01, Mark wrote:
>>However, it comes
>>back to the question of midi bank change.  I know my sequencer (Metro
>>5.0 for the Macintosh) spits this out to gear, but after reading my
>>Rolls MIDI Wizard manual, it does not seem like it speaks this type of
>>MIDI word.  It was years ago, but I don't think the X-15 does either.
>>Only program number and CC.
>
>Controller 0 is an accepted standard for MIDI Bank Select, though
>not every manufacturer uses it.

Some synths like Continuous Controller 32 for MIDI Bank Select.

I should know because I spent a reasonable amount of time this weekend
entering program changes for a Yamaha VL-70, which has multiple banks,
into my Midi Mitigator, and had to enter "controller 32, value 0" (or 1)
about a zillion times.

(and it works, I tested it)

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.