RE: Looping pads and ambient sounds

Steve-

It isn't necessary (or even desirable) to let the EDP keep recording
"silence", just switch out of overdub a beat or so after your input sound
has died down.

This is one of those things that's harder to explain than do, if you set up
a nice ambient "guitar delay chorus ebow etc." type of sound, and layer in
your pads in the described method of not abruptly cutting off the sound on
the downbeat, you'll find you'll get pretty muchly "bumpless" pads with
ease. Try it!

Best-

Mark