Repeater: Persistent Problems with Sync

I've been experimenting with the Repeater and midi sync because i've
been having problems getting the Repeater to sync up reliably to the
sequencer. I have to report that it doesn't sync reliably and for all
intents and purposes is almost useless. maybe it's just y set up?
here's what i've got:

mac 7300 upgraded to newertech G3/250, Logic Audio Platinum running
midi clock and MTC out through iAC #1, IAC #1 is split off to a
hardware interface channel using a 'midi thru' software tool that
simply takes midi off an OMS software buss and splits it off to
another OMS buss. This way I can have the clock on IAC running the
software synth (Reason/ReBirth) and also driving the hardware
(Repeater).

If I drive Repeater either using the method above or directly from
Logic, I still have the same problems.

Further, if Repeater does sync up (either by luck or by stopping it
and starting it on the downbeat) there are warbles in the tracks and
the internal clock tries to sync to midi.

Finally, the clock is going through the Repeater's thru jack to a
MOFX which is also warbling on the delay.

Hmmm... this makes me wonder if I have an unstable midi clock. I am
going to go and run the MOFX directly from the midi cable without
going through the Repeater... hang on....

ok, so the clock going to the MOFX is fine either direct or through
the Repeater - the problem was the track I was using to check all
this which is the bass track on track two of the factory loop one
which has some pitch deviations recorded as part of the bass playing.
that was throwing me off.

but i still have the problem with the Repeater syncing up initially
when i start the sequencer... sometimes it does it ok bu mostly it
lags around and eventually syncs up but offset from the downbeat.

i can get it sync up usually if i hit PLAY on the downbeat, but
that's not usable in a live setting and a pain to accommodate for in
a studio setting.

plexus