From: Emmanuel PERILLE [mailto:perille@club-internet.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 10:01 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Repeater Synch Workaround.

Tim Goodwin wrote :

> I think the actual beginning and end points of the WAV file are a direct
> function of when record is pressed (which would explain variations in
> length).  But the track length is also a function of LPA which
incorporates
> the selected or sync'd tempo to calculate trim points which blend the
start
> and stop points into a more 'musical/user-friendly loop'.
>
> As soon as the recording is ended, the playback that we hear is an
>altered
> WAV file - not the true WAV file length.  It doesn't seem to be possible
> listen to the actual non-LPA'd WAV on the Repeater, even when I tweak the
> trim and trim cut functions.  It wasn't until I started messing around
with
> the WAVs on my PC that I noticed how much different they sound than what
> could monitor on the Repeater.  There is a gap at the end of each WAV
>that
> breaks up the continuity of the loop when played back in ACID Xpress and
> n-Track.
>
> --
> Tim

let's admit it's true for a first track once recorded, but what about the 3
other tracks then ?
I mean do you know if start/end loop points of the 3 other tracks are
trimmable
like the first track once recorded ?
Or do the start/end points or the 3 other tracks are definitively fixed
according to the LPA ?
Is it truely a quadriphonic loop, or a 4-independent loop track ?
EP