Re: Rick replies for the last time on this subject

I've got to agree with Rick.  I know that, for myself, I had a lot
emotionally
(and somewhat financially) invested in the Repeater.  My looper is a huge
part
of how I make music, and that I make music is a huge part of me, so with
cash
tight, it's easy to get over excited about it's flaws and percieved flaws.
can't imagine it's easy for Kim either, to have is "baby" challanged.  I
ultimately think it will be good for the EDP, and loopers of all kinds,
but I
think that this was effecting the climate of Loopers Delight before the WTC
attack.  No one wants to think "oh no, I bought the wrong thing" or "shit,
the
expensive thing I bought is obsolete."

I've also seen this happen many times on different lists I've belonged to.
Frankly, with no moderator, I'm amazed the Loopers list is as good as it
is.
If I were Kim I would have gave one warning and started kick/banning any
who
ignored the warning.  Obviously the Loopers Delight mailing list is not a
place
to discuss politics.  My way of dealing with it is to put an email filter
on
the offending posters.  Perhaps if we all did this, sooner or later the
offenders would wonder why no one replied to their posts and unsubscribe
(if
they could figure out how to)  Yeah, I'm cranky and jaded, but I like it
that
way.  After a hellish work week, I really don't have the time.

Mark Sottilaro