Re: Tolerance and flaming

I've been lurking recently and reading the digest --
I have to say, on balance this list has opened my eyes to how tolerant
people can be.
I have so much respect for the many people who have replied to incendiary
messages with an even-handed, factual, calm tone -- and I'm referring to
the
Repeater stuff as well as the recent brouhaha over politics.
This morning in the gym I inadvertantly kicked the woman in the neighboring
swim lane a few times.  She finally yelled at me and demanded an apology.
have to say I thought of you guys as I quickly decided not to yell back
rudely, but to tell her I certainly didn't intend to kick her and was
sorry.
A small incident, but it was difficult to do this -- interesting how I
instinctively felt I lost status by not escalating the incident, like I
wasn't "man enough" to "take care of it."  But I thought of this list and
how much I respect those who don't reply to flames with more flames.
Sorry in advance for the off-topic message.
Peace,
Steve Sandberg