Re: conceptual art and improvisation/Abstract vs. concrete

i had a very similar experience with schoenberg.
i have been greatly influenced by his methodology,
but i almost never listen to his compositions...
i think in this case it was the fact that i found the abolition of
tonal center to be somewhat tedious.

not that there's anything wrong with that...

if that's your taste, times being what they are...