Re: Question on EDP

Hi Bill-

Welcome to the wild world of looping...

The EDP has many great strengths, it remains the solo looper monster
machine, however, off-loading loops isn't the EDP's strength. Midi (think
glacial speed, then cut in half) is the only supported off-loading
mechanism. The RAM is indeed non-volatile.

On the other hand, you could just resample the output of the EDP again with
your computer, sampler etc, and save that. Not as elegant as WAV storage,
degrades the signal somewhat, but works...

There are a lot of machines that allow storage of loops now, like the
various Roland Groove samplers, etc, which will happily store and spit back
loops,  but the EDP is best at developing and building loops I think, a not
insignificant distinction...

Best-

Mark