Re: Question on EDP: Non volatile memory?

Claude Voit wrote:

> >but I believe the
> > vast majority of non professional musicians will be forced to make a
> > choice, as I was.
>
> Ah "non professional" ....

I probably should have said, "...vast majority of musicians..." as most
are non
professional judging by the loop for money thread, and being a pro
musician doesn't mean
you can afford a lot of gear.  Most that I know can't.  Things are getting
awful tight
around these parts, I don't know how the rest of you are doing cash wise.
Last week they
did big layoff here, and lots of very smart people I know are looking for
work, or taking
jobs below their skill level.  I've been lucky so far, but my wife has
not.  She went from
designer for Manix (the interactive media branch of the company that did
the effects for
The Matrix) to an office errand girl.  Have any of us been hit by what's
going on?  Maybe
ground zero of the silicon rush (San Francisco) is a bad place to be right
now for people
that work in the field of Digital Media.  How's the rest of the country
doing?

Mark