Re: stereo delay

usually people do this by going directly into overdub from record, and
then
fading out their sound. It gives much smoother drones. (just like with
using a delay, actually, since the delay input stays open, except you can
define the loop length on the fly with a looper.)  Repeater unfortunately
doesn't allow you to do this. You have to use work-arounds like recording
blank loop first, then starting your loop by overdubbing onto that. On
other loopers you can go directly into Overdub from record.

You might look for one of the Korg DL8000R stereo delays, that was a
stereo
delay with 5 seconds per side, or 10 seconds mono. Out of production now,
so maybe they are cheap used. Some reviews on the Looper's Delight page
for it:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/korgDL8000R/korgDL8000R.html

kim