Re: Totally Off Topic

Dear Loopers-
    A sincere thanks to all who helped with my search for the elusive band
Chrysalis and what has become of their members. Special props to Kevin
Miller, Jim Palmer, James Pokorny, and especially to Dr. Richard Zvonar,
who
led me to the motherlode.
    A brief comment, again off-topic: In the days immediately following
September 11, we were all enmeshed in a swirl of communication regarding
the
tragedy of that day. At that time, I subscribed to two newsgroups: the Boss
GT-3 multi-effects pedal gang, and, obviously, the Looperheads. The GT-3
group fell to a lower level of argument, and the group overlord (whatever
you call guys like Kim) actually CENSORED many people's comments before
they
were posted. I unsubscribed in protest and urged others to do the same. On
the other hand, the vibe here at Loopers Delight, while very emotional and
quite off-topic at times, remained very positive overall. A special
thank-you to Kim for remaining cool in the face of so much back-and-forth,
and not once even mentioning the words "off topic."
    I believe that the process of looping has a positive instructive
quality: we continuously reexperience our actions. Because of this, I am
continuously warmed by the good vibes of Loopers Delight.
    Group hug!
Douglas Baldwin, Alpha male Coyote, the Trickster
dbaldwin@suffolk.lib.ny.us