Re: NYC loopfest

In a message dated 10/18/01 1:50:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stevesandberg@earthlink.net writes:

I see this more as an opportunity for NYC loopers to get together and have an opportunity to show our work

agreed.....but you have a bunch-o-hours to do this (imho the whole reason to do an all day gig).....then instread of a "star" filled finish, have some kind of  "these are the ones that exemplify looping at its best or WHAT-EVER".....i would love to bring my "toys" to nyc and make some noise with all you folk but i have no need what-so-ever to be a "big room" player.....i think if you limit it to some kind of showcase off loops i.e. "show" you cut out the community of "players/loopers" that can come together to create the BIG NOISE.....ill drive to ny for an all day loopXtrav-o-ganza, finished up with a SHOW that PEOPLE will hopefully show up at much sooner than just a "SHOW".....is there a music school in nyc that would host such a party?....."we have loopers from as close as pittsburgh and as far off as cali comin to this EVENT so cut us some slack!".....im getting excited!.....:)m