RE: Repeater & EDP: Ideas for synergy

> It seems like one advantage of using the EDP as the
> master would be the ability to move thru several
> loops of different cycle lengths & have the Repeater
> react via its time stretch capability.
>
> John

I don't see how the Repeater would time stretch in relation to different
EDP
loops. Tempo or pitch stretch commands come via midi CC# in real time (or
via the controls onboard), not in relationship to anything that comes out
the EDP midi out (correct me if I'm wrong). I can see controlling
Repeater's
loops via footswitch or midi slider, in relationship to something on the
EDP
with midi clock sync, but decisions have to be made by ear (or head).

I see the different cycle lengths that the two machines can do
simultaneously as potentially the biggest benefit of running em together.
The multitrack feature on the RPTR is very cool, but the whole architecture
of the machine appears to preclude having different cycle lenghths
simultaneously (and that's on Electrix' wish list for features).

It seems like in this scenario either machine could be master. I have to
scratch my head some more on this...

Neil