Re: OT: Sound Module Opinions

Hey Cliff,

I've got a 1080 and I dig it. For the cost its sounds+features are very
nice
for any studio or rig, not too mention hard to beat.  My only big peeve
with
my unit is that there seems to be a big difference in output between
patches, which can be a pain but is only a little annoying. I would say
that
very soon after purchasing it I wished that I had spent the extra cash for
the 2080 though. The better interface is reason enough, but I guarantee
you
that (if you are anything like me) four expansion board slots will no be
enough for you. Both these units can be found for a song right now, so I
would say go for the 2080. It can't be anywhere near as much more as it
was
when I bought my 1080.

I can't comment on whether the 5080 is worth the extra greenbacks. I'm not
sure what the current price diff is.Sampler support is nice to have and
from
instore listenings it does sound a little nicer. The XVs do use a
different
expansion board format than the JVs, which is a bit more expensive and I'm
not sure if there are as many available. Might be something that you want
investigate before deciding.

-pete