alesis air fx

i just picked up an alesis air fx. i got it at saved by technology in
toronto for $240CAD (equiv to about $150US). my first impressions are
good - there is a lot of versatility here and the fidelity is great.
since the fx get 'played' i would call this an instrument and as such
it will take some time to master it. it is certainly fun and i think
it will become an important addition to my set up. like most pieces
of gear, the airfx isn't a bandaid for creating more interesting
music: you have to have some interesting stuff going through it first
before you can make things even more interesting. very cool little
instrument and i look forward to getting into it.

plexus