Re: Tool time (was Re: belew/kingcrimson-only incidental loop content...)

On Saturday, November 17, 2001, at 05:48 AM, Simon Kean wrote:
> Holding the drill near the pickups which causes the vibration of the
> string
> and essentially sounds like it's described - a combination of the sound
> of a
> drill and guitar.

It's probably less about vibration of the string and more about
inductance between the drill motor and the guitar pickup.  This can be
really taken advantage of in many ways.  Anything with a small speaker
or electric motor will do it.  Toys, etc.  Go wild.  I love to use the
now discontinued "megamouth" toys held up to my pickups.  Weird fun
sound.