D-Two Critique Request

Oh loopers of vast resource (especially RZ):
I want to loop MIDI drum noise in a looper that will then send MIDI clock
my Echoplex Digital Pro, will be the  main "canvas" of my looping--I'm back
to using my keen-o doubleneck Ztar for synth noise, EDP triggering and
guitar wanking.  I would love to hear pro and con of the TC Electronic
D-Two
with regard to this application, especially the MIDI clock output.  If by
some chance someone else is already doing what I'm proposing, for goodness
sake, please give me a full run down.  Short of that, any comments on the
D-Two are much appreciated--and private email is fine, although I feel
pretty good about the high thread count of this one.  Any comparison of
this
unit with other looper is thoroughly appropriate and welcome.
And, how come dt don't use a d-two?
Hey, one more thing.  Who in San Diego wants to do a Looper's Night
somewhere?  Gaslamp district? Dizzy's?
Gary